Wednesday, October 3, 2007

GREAT NEW MUSIC: Black Kids "Wizard of Ahhhs"

A friend of mine who actually made it to this year's Athens Popfest, told me about this band, but for some reason I've just now gotten around to hearing their stuff. It happens, especially when you're deluged with new music everyday. Oh well, better late than never. Black Kids' demo EP, Wizard of Ahhhs, is currently available to download for free from their Myspace page. And I suggest that you do, it's rough but the songs are undeniably amazing. I really wish I had caught their live set at Athens Popfest, because I'm sure it was equally amazing. Both of these tracks off the EP are standouts, and both are highly recommended. Hell, the whole EP is highly recommended!

[MP3] Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You from "Wizard of Ahhhs - EP" (via Box.net)
[MP3] Black Kids - I've Underestimated My Charm (Again) from "Wizard of Ahhhs - EP" (via Box.net)

EDIT: They're are coming to Atlanta/Athens!!
Thu. 11/15/07 - Black Kids, Lolligags, Judi Chicago @ Star Bar
Fri. 11/16/07 - Black Kids, Lolligags @ Flicker Bar, in Athens, GA

Black Kids - Myspace

No comments: