Thursday, July 12, 2007

GREAT NEW MUSIC: The Mabuses "Mabused"

Man, my mind has been wanderin', wanderin', wanderin' for the last hour or so. I can't really explain, at least coherently, where it's been. All I can say is that it was a very waking-dream state kind of experience. The catalyst...the new album from The Mabuses, "Mabused". I can't really explain the music either, only to say that it's very playful and it's palette is varied and expansive. For fans of Syd Barrett, Grizzly Bear, early Elephant Six stuff, Joanna Newsom, Devendra Banhart & Menomena...hell, anything good and truly exploratory. Be prepared. You're about to jump down the rabbit hole, and I can't say for sure what you'll find there. Just make sure your headphones are on tight!!

Mabused will be released on Sept. 25 via their own record label, Magpie Records.

[MP3] The Mabuses - Mirth from "Mabused" (via Box.net)
[MP3] The Mabuses - Sugarland from "Mabused" (via Box.net)

No comments: