Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Caribou signs to Merge Records, new album in August.

Caribou (formerly Manitoba) has officially signed to Merge Records, home of Spoon, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, M. Ward, Destroyer, The Clientele, The Rosebuds, and many other indie elite. They will be releasing his new album "Andorra" on August 21, 2007. Dan had this to say about the new album on his website: "I'm super-happy with the way the album has turned out. I've put seemingly endless hours into it over the last year or so getting everything exactly as I wanted it and have never been this madly excited about my music. I can't wait for you all to hear it and hope you'll like it too."

Merge will be releasing a CDEP of “Melody Day”, the first single from Andorra, on July 10th.

Caribou will go on tour in North America in October and November 2007.

No comments: