Monday, April 30, 2007

NEW MUSIC: Alex Delivery "Star Destroyer"

So it's no secret that I have mad love for most of the bands on the Jagjaguwar roster. This love extends to one of their newer signees, Alex Delivery and their album "Star Destroyer". Let me say though, this did take me awhile to get into. It's not quite like anything I'd heard before, and my mind didn't quite know how to process what it was being fed. So many different elements, some not quite "music-like". After a few listens, my mind adjusted and I started to really dig what I was hearing. At first it sounded like when you have the TV on in one room, and someone else is listening to music in another. Sounds literally on top of sounds: vocals pushed back feeling distant & washed out, clear and crisp synth melodies, recorded-from-another-room drums, and some things I haven't quite identified yet. It has been described as "sonic goo". This is for fans of Liars, Animal Collective, Can, Frog Eyes & Radiohead.

TOUR DATES W/ FROG EYES:
05/01/07 Seattle, WA - Crocodile Cafe
05/02/07 Portland, OR - Holocene w/ Frog Eyes
05/04/07 San Francisco, CA - Bottom Of The Hill w/ Frog Eyes
05/05/07 Los Angeles, CA - Spaceland w/ Frog Eyes
05/08/07 Tucson, AZ - Plush w/ Frog Eyes
05/10/07 Denton, TX - Rubber Gloves w/ Frog Eyes
05/11/07 Austin, TX - Emo's w/ Frog Eyes
05/12/07 Houston, TX - Proletariat w/ Frog Eyes
05/14/07 Atlanta, GA - Drunken Unicorn w/ Frog Eyes
05/15/07 Chapel Hill, NC - Local 506 w/ Frog Eyes
05/16/07 Washington DC, - The Rock And Roll Hotel w/ Frog Eyes
05/17/07 Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's w/ Frog Eyes
05/18/07 New York, NY - Mercury Lounge w/ Frog Eyes
05/19/07 New York, NY - Union Hall w/ Frog Eyes
05/20/07 Cambridge, MA - Middle East w/ Frog Eyes

[MP3] Alex Delivery - Komad (via Box.net)

Alex Delivery - Official Website | My Space

No comments: