Monday, January 8, 2007

There's an all-night dance club in my car.


Ever since I downloaded the song "Phantom Part I" from Justice's Myspace, I haven't stopped playing it. I have an hour drive into work, I played it 9 times. 9 fucking times. This thing is infectious, seriously. I haven't been sucked in like this since Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger". The song consists of a driving bass line, catchy-as-fuck keyboard melody and some of the best use of electronic glitches since Radiohead. There's this metal-like breakdown in the middle comprised of what sounds like a CD skipping, but scratched and controlled. Fan-tastic!! Justice is a French duo, Xavier de Rosnay & Gaspard Auge, and the song is apparently just a track they released on their Myspace page with no plans to put it on their new album. If this is just a throw away track, then I can't imagine how bad-ass the actual album will be. After a quick search, I found that I had already heard some of their stuff in the form of a remix they did of Death From Above 1979's "Blood On Our Hands", which I loved as well. Until I'm able to host MP3s, I'll just have to point you to places who can. Download it here. (Via Pitchfork)

No comments: