Thursday, January 11, 2007

Peter, Bjorn and John "Writers Block"...how'd I miss this??


Well I should should start off by saying that if I had known about this album before this month, then it would have had a place (a high one at that) on my Top 25 Albums of 2006 list. Maybe I'll ammend that...hmmmm. I am really dumbfounded as to how this album escaped my attention. I'm not sure what the hell I was doing when everyone was talking about this, but I hope it was worth it.
This album is utterly amazing. From the obviously awesome "Young Folks" (it was Pitchfork's #5 in their Top 100 Songs of 2006...but I bet you already knew that too) to tracks like "Poor Cow"(which reminds me of "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy"-era Who) and "The Chills" (the driving drums and bass lines...my god). Man, Sweden must have something in the water because they are just crankin' out one amazing band after another. The only drawback to this album is that I wish there was more Victoria Bergsman on this album. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for a close-to-perfect album. Sigh.

Peter Bjorn and John - Website
Peter Bjorn and John - MySpace

No comments: