Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NEW OLD MUSIC: Velvet Underground "I'm Not a Young Man Anymore" (unreleased, Live in New York, 1967)

Apparently some bootlegger starting selling vinyl LPs on eBay earlier this month with the description, "1967 performance by the Velvet Underground at the Gymnasium in New York. WITH UNRELESED SONG,IM NOT A YOUNG MAN ANY MORE, AND 1ST TIME PLAYED SISTER RAY,ONLY 100 COPYS ON GREEN". Some fine peeps scooped up a copy of said bootleg vinyl, and ripped and posted the set in full, which includes this here previously unheard track, "I'm Not a Young Man Anymore" as well as the first ever peformance of "Sister Ray" (19 mins. long!). It's an excellent addition to the VU catalog if you ask me; I'm pretty partial to live VU...it's pretty when it's gritty. You can download the whole set from April 30, 1967, here.

TRACKLIST:
1) I'm Not A Young Man Anymore (previously unreleased) - 7:18
2) Guess I'm Falling In Love - 4:18
3) I'm Waiting For The Man - 5:25
4) Run, Run, Run - 6:55
5) Sister Ray (1st time ever performed live) - 18:56

No comments: