Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This has been the worst winter ever...

I cannot believe I am sick AGAIN. I got some sort of flu-like monstrosity last week, and it is STILL raging a week later. This is not fun. I have been sick now three times this winter, a record for me. When I try to do things that require getting out of bed, or getting off the damn couch, I get dizzy and have to lie back down. That includes posting here unfortunately. Hopefully this will clear up soon, because lying around sleeping and watching mind-numbing TV is seriously taking it's toll.

I have been listening to some new tunes lately though, and a couple of things have really helped me through this last week of undying sickness: (1) the new Atlas Sound record "Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel" is simply AMAZING(!!!). I cannot exclaim the virtues of album enough, it is simply one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard. Period. (It comes out 2/19/08) (2) The new Beach House album, "Devotion" (out on 2/26/08) has been much better at relaxing me than hot herbal tea (and tea is my best friend right now!). I can't wait to see these guys live.

Until I'm better, posts will intermediate...unless I die, then they will stop. I'm rooting for the "getting better" option.

No comments: