Tuesday, September 4, 2007

SO MANY GOOD NEW SONGS....

A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS
Holy crap is this band fucking loud. Their music is a literal wall of sound...beautiful, tangible, organic sound. Highly recommended!

[MP3] A Place To Bury Strangers - My Weakness from "S/T" (via Box.net)
A Place To Bury Strangers - website | Myspace


LIARS
How do I explain the Liars? Not sure, but this song reminds me of looking over the edge of a 30-story bldg. when you're afraid of heights...exhilarating, piercing & overwhelming all at the same time. This whole album is also recommended!

[MP3] Liars - What Would They Know from "S/T" (via Box.net)
Liars - website | Myspace


NINA NASTASIA AND JIM WHITE
I've been traveling a bit, as of late, and this what I listened to on my way back from New York...which was perfect because this is definitely exploratory music. Take your time with this album, it will not disappoint.

[MP3] Nina Nastasia And Jim White - How Will You Love Me? from "You Follow Me" (via Box.net)
Nina Nastasia - website | Myspace


POLYNYA
I was just sent this track a couple of days ago (I'm anxiously awaiting the full CD in the mail), and it's so much fuckin' fun!!! It's like Sonic Youth, Le Tigre & Huggy Bear playing at the same time in your younger sibling's room (where it doesn't matter what the hell breaks) while 20 people have a no-holds-barred, feather-flyin' pillow fight.......fun. Hope the rest of the album is as interesting as this song is.

[MP3] Polynya - Sweatshop from "S/T" (via Box.net)
Polynya - website | Myspace

No comments: