Wednesday, September 12, 2007

GREAT NEW MUSIC: Beirut "The Flying Club Cup"

I'm going to do something bad. I usually try and keep leaked music to myself (and of course I buy it when it comes out. Really!), but the new Beirut album is just too damn good. Especially the closing title-song, "The Flying Club Cup". It is, in my humble opinion, a perfect choice for the album's closer. It starts out playfully with twilling woodwinds, but soon starts it's triumphant & swelling, military-style march towards the sky. It soars and soars, and I never want it to end...but it does. So I skip back and play it again. And again. My only gripe would be that I wish this song was three minutes longer.

Zach, your entire album has me hooked, and I apologize profusely for putting this song up early. But I had no choice, I just can't keep it to myself. Sorry.

[MP3] Beirut - The Flying Club Cup from "The Flying Club Cup" (via Box.net)

No comments: