Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Day After Independence Day Mix

So I decided to post this mix today instead of yesterday, because it's easy to get motivated and wrapped up in wanting to take care of this country on a holiday. It's the day after, when you have to motivate yourself, that's when you see if your feelings are still strong enough to actually do something. Hence the "The Day After Independence Day Mix". I love this country, not in a "my country is better than another" way, but rather in a "I grew up & live here, and I want to make sure all the good parts of it don't get abused and destroyed" kind of way. Just because I am out-spoken about the problems in this country doesn't mean I hate it, just the opposite, it means I actually give a shit and want to see those problems fixed. So yesterday, I celebrated the good things about this country and rekindled the flame of dissidence over the things that still need to be fixed. The freedom that was fought for (I used "fought", because I don't believe that we are currently fighting for OUR FREEDOM) in this country allows us a platform to speak out from as well as to affect change. This is one of the many reasons I love it here, and so I plan on using that freedom as much as I can...starting today. Enjoy the mix. Peace to all.

[MP3] Tom Waits - Road To Peace from "Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards" (via Box.net)
[MP3] John Lennon - Imagine from "Imagine" (via Box.net)
[MP3] Neil Young - Keep on Rocking in the Free World from "Freedom" (via Box.net)
[MP3] Pulp - The Day After The Revolution from "This Is Hardcore" (via Box.net)
[MP3] Violent Femmes - America Is from "Add It Up (1981-1993)" (via Box.net)
[MP3] Trey Parker & Matt Stone - America, Fuck Yeah! from "Team America - Soundtrack" (via Box.net)

No comments: