Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Bright Eyes "Four Winds"

So if you're a friend of mine, then it's no secret that I'm a big Bright Eyes fan. So when a new release of his comes creepin' around the corner, it's also no secret that I'm gonna get excited to hear it. Well my excitement got the best of me and I got ahold of the "Four Winds" EP (a mini-album to tide us over until the full-length "Cassadaga") a little early. Now I have to admit I was a little disappointed in "Digital Ash in a Digital Urn", it wasn't bad...just not as good as others (especially it's companion album "I'm Wide Awake.."). So I was a little worried that this too would disappoint. Ah, but my fear quickly dissipated after the first song "Cartoon Blues". You can definitely hear the M. Ward influence in this, and that ain't a bad thing! His music has always been a growing experience for me, slowly it matured until now it truly is pop/folk perfection. His lyrics are what drew me in at first, and those continue to blow me away. If this mini-album is any indication of what we're in store for with "Cassadaga", then I'm fuckin' ecstatic!! He really is deserving of all his Dylan-esque accolades.

Pre-order the album from Saddle Creek.

No comments: